From affordable transportation to tossable tuners, this pint-sized hatchback is one of Ford’s best-selling cars of all time.
What is Ford Fiesta?
The Ford Fiesta hardly needs an introduction it’s a household name is the default choice for many thousands of supermini buyers. So, the question is does it deserve its success? it certainly deserves all the praise it could get for the way it drives the steering is quick but light and it really grippy so you’ve got loads of confidence through corners.
Problems with Ford Fiesta
The problems faced by drivers is usually noise, shuttering, issues downshifting, lurching and inability to accelerate.
All the warning lights should go out, once the engine has been started so if the yellow light stays there could be an issue with the fiesta’s ECU which cost hundreds to put right.
A wet carpet in the front of the rear footwells can be caused by failed door seals. Lift the mats and feel the carpets for the patches
Battery Drain Issue
The DAB radio has been known to drain the battery quickly even when turned off. The battery that has gone flat several times may need to be replaced.
With the engine running, press the A/C button and turn the temperature to cold. If not, the system may need to be regassed.
Squeaks and rattles
Listen for potentially annoying noises during your test drive.
• Owners largely received little to no help from ford dealers for years. Some told it ‘in their heads’ or not evident.
• Even when replicated some drivers have been told this is a feature or that being unable to accelerate properly or normal.
• Months of delays for replacement parts, no rental vehicle provided and significant time lost to make appointments.
• Unhelpful customer service at local and national ford levels.
• Rock bottom resale/trade-in value with some owners allowing car to be seized by the bank due to cost, problems.
Pros and Cons of Ford Fiesta
• It’s fantastic fun to drive this car regardless of what engine you have in it for all that it’s also easy to drive around town and it rides well.
• It’s nice and soft and there are diesel and petrol engines available. Bear in mind, the diesel don’t really flatter the fiestas single handling so avoid them if you can.
• The 1 liter eco-boost 3 cylinder petrol is easily the best engine to go for it’s fantastic fun.
• It’s really thrumming it’ll deliver great economy and it’s affordable that in the actually looks really funky whether you go for one of the base spec cars or one of the highest spec cars like this model which has got a slightly different layout. They’re both a little bit confusing to use because you have to scroll through lots of menus on this system to get to key functions.
• It’s also a bit of a shame that you can’t get nice colour touchscreen technology like you can in the Renault Clio and the Volkswagen Polo having said that it’s still one of the nicest cabins in the class.
• You can set the seat really nice and low the steering wheel moves about it’s a good adjustment. you can see forwards really well there are lots of trim levels on the Fiesta but as long as you avoid the very base cart then you do get all the essentials including remote central, locking aircon, electric front windows and USB input.
• The five-door fiesta is perfectly spacious in the back but it’s not quite best in class because this roofline does cut into your Headroom a little bit but you can get too tall adults in here pretty.
• If you do like the looks of the three-door then you’ll get a little bit less Headroom and a bit less light in the back but still perfectly comfortable once you’ve squeezed past the front seats the boot on the Fiesta is actually pretty good it’s a nice size and shape.
The Fiesta really does deserve its success there are a few cars out there in any class that can match its blend of comfort and fun it’s affordable to buy and run. It is true pretty much everything you could want of a supermini for more information go to walker calm and search Ford Fiestas.
- The Fiesta really does deserve its success there are a few cars out there in any class that can match its blend of comfort and fun it’s affordable to buy and run. It is true pretty much everything you could want of a supermini for more information go to walker calm and search Ford Fiestas.